Saturday 27 February 2010

Question 2

2. How does your media product represent particular social groups?

I decided to create a pop music magazine that has only really got one audience type, which are teenage girls aged from 16-18. My aim was to create it so that it would make teenage girls want to buy it; I did this by making the style and language informal so that teenagers could understand it and want to read more. My magazine represents the typical teenage girl who is into pop music, boy bands and fashion. I have used language that teenage girls would want to read and not formal writing or prefect English. I have used short sentences and simple vocabulary as people who read pop music magazines are perceived as being “airheads” or “dumb” so I followed that by also adding colours that girly girls would usually wear. My colour scheme had to be what would attract a teenage girl’s audience, which would be colours like pink, light blues and purples. It also shows that it would be for teenage girls as the article is about a well-known boyband that most teenage girls love and the features on the contents page are about boy bands or teenage girls idols such as Cheryl Cole.

No comments:

Post a Comment